Here’s all you need to know about building a simple fitness routine. There are three main aspects of a well rounded fitness routine: cardiovascular endurance (cardio), muscular strength, and flexibility training.
Cardio: choose between running, cycling, swimming, walking, cardio machines, jump rope, cross country skiing, etc…
- If you have time, do cardio everyday! But if you are lacking on time do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio at least three days a week.
Muscular Strength Workouts: weight lifting, resistance training
- Aim for 3 full body workouts a week!
- For simple and easy strength training I would suggest downloading the Nike Training Club app. All you have to do is pick a 30 – 45 minute workout and go.
- For short, high intense workouts check out my ZWOWz page.
Flexibility Training: yoga, Pilates
- A little yoga everyday goes a long way!
- My go to suggestion for flexibility training is Tara Stiles Yoga YouTube videos. You only need 1o minutes a day!